Thank you for using our apps and website. ev.energy is provided to you by ev dot energy limited trading as “ev.energy”, registered company number 11468310.
This policy is effective from 5th February 2020.
ev.energy respect your concerns about privacy. ev.energy intends to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, share, and safeguard information that we collect.
3. Personal data we collect
To deliver ev.energy’s service, we may collect personal data, including but not limited to:
· Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name;
· Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers;
· Transaction Data includes details about energy usage, payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
· Financial Data includes tokenised payment card details, but not actual card numbers, expiry dates or CVV numbers;
· Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling);
· Account Data includes usernames, passwords and tokens to access 3rd party sites and devices, which you consent us to access on your behalf;
· Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, mobile device type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this service;
· Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
· Electric Vehicle Data including electric vehicle specification, usage data including vehicle GPS location and charging data;
· Energy Data including tariff information, home energy usage consumption, billing information;
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
4. Log Data
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the
configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device internal memory.
Cookies may be used to identify your session whilst using the ev.energy app. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collection information and to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
6. Providing your personal data to others
We may disclose your name and email address to our suppliers or subcontractors who provide products and services insofar as reasonably necessary for us to be able to provide those products and services to you.
As a ‘value added service’ we reserve the right to share your location data in accordance with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) rules. This will consist of an anonymised location and will not be attached to any personal ID. Anonymised location data may include the latitude/longitude recorded to 3 decimal places or the first line of a UK postcode or a neighbourhood area. Consequently a 3rd party will not be able to identify you from any location data shared. We may also share information on individual charging sessions, this will not contain any personal data.
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this section, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for
compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
· To facilitate our Service;
· To provide the Service on our behalf;
· To perform Service-related services; or
· To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
7. Third party websites and links to other sites
8. Retaining and deleting personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Right to Erasure in Your Rights section below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Security of Personal Data
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all your personal data on secure servers, personal computers and mobile devices, and in secure manual record-keeping systems.
The following personal data will be stored by us in encrypted form: your name, contact information, password(s) and cardholder data.
Data relating to your enquiries and financial transactions that is sent from your web browser to our web server, or from our web server to your web browser, will be protected using encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our app).
ev.energy processes information on electric vehicle charging behaviour. ev.energy uses this information to provide services to 3rd party energy and car companies that enable those 3rd parties to monitor and control electric vehicle charging.
ev.energy may share some personal data with 3rd parties to enable ev.energy to deliver services to those 3rd parties. ev.energy will only share information with 3rd parties as required by ev.energy as part of its legitimate business and commercial interests. This will include personal data which ev.energy collect on:
• Electric Vehicle Data (as defined above)
• Energy Data (as defined above)
Through processing this data, ev.energy and 3rd parties are able to predict how electric vehicle charging will be used and the ability to control charging for the monetary and other benefit of ev.energy and 3rd parties. This information is collected and processed on the basis that it is a legitimate business interest of ev.energy to do so, as it is necessary to support ev.energy to deliver its electric vehicle charging services to 3rd parties, and maintain its service to users. To enable us to deliver these services, we may share this information with 3rd parties where it is necessary in order to deliver a service that enables them to monitor and / or control electric charging data.
11. Your rights
You have the following rights:
· The right of access – a right to be told what personal data we hold about you and obtain copies of it.
· The right of rectification – an obligation in certain circumstances to correct your personal data if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
· The right to erasure – an obligation in certain circumstances to delete or remove your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing (some people also call this right ‘the right to be forgotten’).
· The right to restrict processing – an obligation in certain circumstances to stop actively processing your personal data.
· The right to data portability – an obligation in certain circumstances to allow you to transfer your personal data from us to a third party.
· The right to object – an obligation in certain circumstances to allow you to object to us processing your personal data where we do not have an overriding reason.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is
clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you informed of how we will deal with your requests.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. If you are outside the UK, you may also make a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection where you are – you may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
11. Children’s Privacy
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
13. Contact Us
14. Data protection registration
We have registered as company number 11468310 with the ICO.